Showing posts with label news. Show all posts
Showing posts with label news. Show all posts

Henry Surtees killed in F2 race


LONDON (Reuters) - Henry Surtees, the teenage son of 1964 Formula One champion John, died on Sunday after an accident in a Formula Two race at Brands Hatch.
A spokeswoman for the Royal London hospital confirmed the 18-year-old had died after being flown there from Brands Hatch circuit in southern England.
Surtees was hit on the head by a loose wheel and tyre from the car of a rival who had crashed. Organisers said the blow knocked him unconscious, with his car then smashing into the barriers. The race was stopped immediately.Formula Two chief executive Jonathan Palmer said in a statement that the accident raised "high levels of concern" and his thoughts were with the Surtees family.
John Surtees won his title with Ferrari and remains the only man to have won world titles on two wheels and four.His son had taken his first podium finish in the new series only on Saturday, with third place.

FIA heat, Vatanen challenging Mosley

Reli former world champion, Ari Vatanen launch campaign for the position of president of formula one world institution (FIA), Friday (10 / 7). He believes incumbent Max Mosley will still run in the upcoming FIA presidential election. However, still not clear whether Mosley will be re-run.
Previously, Mosley had announced will not participate in the FIA president election will be held later in October. However, he then took back dikabarkan in tension with the nomination after the eight teams that competed F1 return heat.
Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) will create a series of threatening competitor racing action after a walk out on meetings with the FIA, Wednesday. Enmity began Mosley's desire to limit the budget to prevent rupture in the FOTA. However, some teams refuse to read the restrictions: F1 threatened broken

Articel

Followers